Welcome to my blog. This place is an outlet for my writing and my thoughts — like an average run-of-the-mill blog, but with a creative, semi-fictional twist. The character's environments and actions are usually fictional (though not always), but his thoughts are my own, word for word. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Part Four.

I'm learning more and more that the problems that faced me in the past continue to meet me in the future. I'm learning that they're much more intertwined than I previously thought.

I walk home in the dark, the cool breeze comforting me.

Mark Twain said that age is an issue of mind over matter: if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. I agree wholeheartedly, but would like to extend it to any issue; for if the issue doesn't matter to you, you won't mind pushing through it. This includes relationships and new ventures along that same line.

Some kids in a car stop at a stop sign and shout things at me. I laugh quietly and continue walking.

Lately it's been all about her, and what I can do to strengthen this bond, if you can even call it that yet. I'm further along than I thought, I think, and that's something I didn't expect. Up until now we've had a harmless relationship; either of us could have cut it off and it wouldn't have mattered that much. Things are changing, though, and scary as it is, I must change too.

Hardly anyone is walking the street, but one man with a guitar passes me. I wonder of his ability, then think nothing more of it.

I understand the need to keep going. I do. What's throwing me off is my surprise about the situation.

The difference is that this time, I know I can make it through the other side in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment